Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jail Guitar Doors

Yesterday I started the process of trying to pull something together that would synthesize my love of music with my need to do something to create change. I've been thinking about this project for a couple of weeks ever since I came across this in Andy Zipf's blog. Although I never was a huge fan of The Clash, I've since come to terms with the ideas surrounding their music. I guess what I'm trying to say is I once thought that politics and music did not mix. This was before 20 years of Reagan/Bush I/Bush II. Now I get it. Anyway, after doing some research, I sent out a couple of emails to some contacts hoping that this would get the ball rolling. I figure if I can find the people who can get the guitars to the prisoners, then the rest would be easy. There's plenty of music stores in the area who would probably jump at the chance for some free publicity for a good cause and after playing music out for the last 4 years, it should be no problem to pull together enough musicians to do a benefit concert. Lot's of details for sure, but I'm hoping to get some traction. I've already gotten a response back from one contact with a name, number and email address. I've sent the email and will followup soon with a call.

Wish me luck!

No comments: