Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Response From Billy Bragg

I sent to an email to Billy Bragg regarding my Jail Guitar Doors project and go this response:

Joe,

That is great news.

Just last week, a bunch of young bands from Reading, a large town to the
west of London organised their own fund raiser which you can find out
about here:

www.myspace.com/jailguitardoorsreadingsummerevent

Like you, following my suggestion, they made contact with their local
prison and made it happen. They raised over £2000, with my wholehearted
support but in reality completely autonomously. I feel strongly that this
is an idea that belongs to those who are inspired to take it upon
themselves to make it happen. Maybe you have a different name for your
campaign, maybe you want to use Jail Guitar Doors. Whichever it is, please
do keep me informed. We are comrades working together in the same cause.

best,

Billy

No comments: